Re: [opensuse-factory] openSSL 1.1 is now the default SSL implementation
On lundi, 27 novembre 2017 10.15:14 h CET Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Over the weekend the Staging for openSSL 1.1 could be finalized and
checked in. as of now, openssl 1.1 is the default implementation used
for openSUSE Factory (Tumbleweed starting with snapshot 20171126)

This did result in quite some build failures (of non-ring packages),
that will await some love from the maintainers. The typical issues are:

Thank you all for looking after your packages

Cheers
Dominique

Thanks for the effort, and making this a reality. (You and all the others that
have contributed to make it successful).

What would be the prefered way for openSUSE when the software can be compiled
with for example libressl or libgcrypto.

Which one should be used in terms of global project preference ?

For example, that damn old horse pgadmin3 work with both. I've tested both
build can work, and as maintainer I've decided to choose the debian way (use
libressl).

Did you (Factory team) had already state an opinion on such choices ?

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch