Re: [opensuse-factory] I can't create a bugzilla on LXDE for TW
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 20:09:55 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2017-11-23 at 12:09 +0100, Michael Vetter wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Sorry to hear about your troubles ;)

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 22:07:43 +0100 (CET)
- From there I found that package is in X11:LXDE repo. I click on the
OBS link:

<https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/X11%3Alxde/lxdm>

and there on the report bug. I write the bug, and I get this error in
bugzilla:

Assignee: sfalken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx did not match anything
CC:
allau@xxxxxxxxxx did not match anything
jubalh@xxxxxxxxxx did not match anything
lrupp@xxxxxxxx did not match anything

This surprised me, because my private mail (jubalh@xxxxxxxxxx) is right.

- someone changed the mail address, and since then, only logged in in
bugzilla _or_ OBS, so it got updated only at one place

This explains it however ;-)

Ah.

LXDE is a main package (oss repo) in Leap, but not in TW, it is in an
extra repo. I found a bug and wanted to report it, but I can't.
LXDE doesnt' have any active maintainers in openSUSE.
Although upstream became a little more active some months ago its still
very slow.

For historical reasons I have rights to LXDE devel proj and
answer/review requests there but do not proactively do much about LXDE.

Well, if OBS:X11:LXDE have no maintainers on TW, I think the repo should be removed or disabled to avoid confussions. As TW evolves, the distance will get bigger and bigger.

As I said elsewhere, I don't use LXDE myself, I simply bumped into a problem while testing for something else, so I thought I would report it.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.