Re: [opensuse-factory] Announcing Tumbleweed Snapshots: Rolling With You
  • From: Jimmy Berry <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 17:24:06 -0600
On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Daniele <kailed@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I like it but I'm not sure if is really usable for people with additional
repo (Nvidia, Packman..).
Anyway, good job, thanks.

Those are certainly things I have considered, but merely depend on
resources to host. As for packman I figured I would need to look into
legal issues surrounding distribution for the same reason it is not
part of OBS. Otherwise, I would expect it to take much less space than
Tumbleweed proper.

Similarly develop projects could be handled as well and even Nvidia if
worked around re-distribution or local copy. With a few small tweaks
to the tool folks could snapshot their devel project of choice and
provide extra snapshot repos or ...official hosting if resources
available.

That said having the main repos snapshotted removes a large portion of
the moving bits.

Thanks,