Re: [opensuse-factory] I can't create a bugzilla on LXDE for TW
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 16:01:51 +0100
On 22 November 2017 at 08:34, Dave Plater <dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 21/11/2017 21:55, Carlos E. R. wrote:

The problem remains, how to report a problem with the OBS-Bugzilla system
itself. A maintainer is listed. Some addresses are _automatically_ written
to the bugzilla. But Bugzilla says that those addresses are unknown!

Report the bug and leave it unassigned, the quality control team will take
the appropriate action.
Dave P

Not bad advice, except

a) there is no formal 'quality control team' - just some proactive
contributors who take it upon themselves to look at unassigned bugs.
This is an area we could do with some help, basically anyone who knows
how to look at a bug and use OBS/osc to figure out likely people to
fix it could help.

b) In this case Carlos is trying to file a bug against an
orphaned/dead/removed piece of software.
It is not in Tumbleweed. It should not be expected to have any active
contributions going forward.

This should be a good reminder that devel projects are not supported
projects, and there should be no expectation that packages in devel
projects have any kind of support or contributions.

This is a perfect example why I bleat on about that so often - there
is no active maintenance of lxdm, so there is no one to report the bug
to.

The only thing we could perhaps improve here is making it a little
clearer that no matter what workarounds we could apply to get a bug
filed in OBS, an lxdm bug report might as well go to /dev/null