Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 20171120 - deletion of old Java packages
On Wed, 2017-11-22 at 14:19 +0000, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
When running the update to this version I got notofoed that
java-1_7_0-openjdk java-1_7_0-openjdk-headless
would be deleted.

I have them installed on purpose because of some software that
behaves weird
with newer Java versions. So the 1.8 version is installed, too,
which worked
fine so far. The 1.7 version was never touched.

So I wonder how to find out why it suddenly wants to remove it, even
more as
no java stuff is going to be installed with this update.

I added a lock for now, and except for the non-removal of those two,
the list
of packages to install/update is identical....

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2017-11/msg00478.html

There it said:

"""
* Java OpenJDK 1.7 will be removed from Tumbleweed (there is still
1.8, 9 and 10 there for you)
"""

Cheers
Dominique