Re: [opensuse-factory] Duplicate lines in kmail2rc; was Rich Text button
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 15:04:02 +0100
Op dinsdag 21 november 2017 14:47:49 CET schreef Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
Op dinsdag 21 november 2017 13:12:28 CET schreef Ianseeks:
On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 10:29:52 GMT Daniel Morris wrote:
On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 09:18:30AM +0000, Ianseeks wrote:
provider. Maybe your provider, but I don't detect their headers.
Maybe

these:
FR
OM,

__FRAUD_WEBMAIL_FROM, FROM_NAME_ONE_WORD, __TO_MALFORMED_2,
__TO_NO_NAME,
__SUBJ_ALPHA_END, __HAS_MSGID, __SANE_MSGID,
INVALID_MSGID_NO_FQDN,
__MIME_VERSION, __CTE, __CT, __CT_TEXT_PLAIN, SUPERLONG_LINE,
__NO_HTML_TAG_RAW, BODY_SIZE_600_699, BODYTEXTP_SIZE_3000_LESS,
__MIME_TEXT_P1, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY, HTML_00_01, HTML_00_10,
BODY_SIZE_5000_LESS, __FRAUD_WEBMAIL, NO_URI_FOUND,
NO_CTA_URI_FOUND,
__PHISH_SPEAR_STRUCTURE_1, BODY_SIZE_1000_LESS,
BODY_SIZE_2000_LESS,
__MIME_TEXT_P, NO_URI_HTTPS, BODY_SIZE_7000_LESS

Its the same provider i use to send emails to all lists so why no
others get "spammed", i have no idea. I didn;t realise that your own
provider tags sent emails as spam, i thought it was done on receipt of
an email.

Spam scoring & tagging is often done at the recipient's MTA, but there's
no reason it can't be done at other stages as email gets relayed between
machines. There's obviously a trust issue (rogue senders could spoof the
spam-scoring as well) so in most environments only the last hop counts,
and that helps with lightweight/mobile clients too.

I guess as BT is a large ISP with a variable community of users they may
be testing "outbound" mail to try and prevent some abuses escaping their
network and damaging their reputation?

BT seems to have done this for a long while with your outbound postings,
and you typically seem to score 8-10/50 when sending :) I expect your
local/last-hop-inbound spam categorisers have changed a ruleset recently
which is why your mail was marked as SPAM locally to you. You'll need to
inspect the headers on the received message on your machine, as when
your reply goes back out to the list and is received <everywhere else>
then whatever is running <everywhere else> will have overwritten the
X-Spam-.... tags locally (or been stripped en-route).

For example, your mail tagged as "[SPAM]" sent back to the list only
scored -2.5 for me, with a required of 5.0, scored by SpamAssassin.

If you are doing Bayesian filtering, when was the last time you trained
your local categoriser with recent ham, as well as spam?

HTH,

Daniel

Cheers for the explanation. I don't do any filtering at all apart from
using rules on incoming in kmail

After reading Daniel's explanation I remembered that my former ISP started
outgoing mailfiltering for their customers. I had to turn it off in the
settings of their webapp. It had two options, filter your @isp mail, filter
all mail from your IP address, to post in MLs without issues.

Not completely offtopic, i.e. kmail related: to see if there is a setting in
~/.config/kmail2rc, I grepped -i html on ~/.config/kmail2rc and found it
to have ~1500 duplicate lines.
Removed by shutting down kmail and

cd ~/.config
cp kmail2rc kmail2rc.backup