Re: [opensuse-factory] Machine seems sluggish, under KDE,, local access is slow and baloo_file takes 15-20% of the cores
On 2017-11-21 00:26, Foolish Ewe wrote:
Hello all:

I'm running on what should be a nearly idle machine with fast hardware,  but
it doesn't feel like it.  My laptop has a high constant load average and
becomes unresponsive. I think I'm running with default settings for this
service, what would be the appropriate settings

Baloo is an indexer, and for some reason it may be stuck, loading the
hard disk heavily and thus slowing your machine as a result.

Maybe you need to kill it and erase its index.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.