Re: [opensuse-factory] upgrade packaging not statically built
On Tue, 2017-11-14 at 19:39 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Of course you know also that the page you mentionned is a wiki page
and you
can start contributing to make it better by editing yourself the
page.
And no it is not rocket science.

Hey, it is not the first page I contribute on ;-)

However, the section where it should go, "Tested on openSUSE" and a
list
of versions, is blocked to contributors. I had to add it as a
comment
elsewhere.

Also, this info is new to the writers of the upgrade documentation,
because we wrote:

* You must only zypper dup to the next release. Hopping over a
release,
e.g., going from 13.1 -> 42.1, is not supported.

The fact that we test it and act upon breakage does not mean we should
advertise it and request fixes if one skips releases.

Of course we try to keep things going (as explained in my other mails)
- but the text as is, that skipping releases is not supported (whatever
'supported' means for openSUSE( is true.

Cheers
Dominique
< Previous Next >