Re: [opensuse-factory] upgrade packaging not statically built
On 2017-11-14 09:25, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Tue, 2017-11-14 at 00:21 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
"zypper up zypper" will just handle all that.

No it won't really because zypper up won't change repo's it will make
sure you have the latest version of zypper shipped in 42.3 which is
probably good practice anyway.

I think he means after changing the repos. The process, as published
somewhere, is to first do "zypper patch", then change the repos, then
run "zypper up zypper", perhaps adding rpm there, and finally do "zypper
dup".

Not exactly,

zypper patch must be the last call you do on your 42.x installation to
ensure you get all updates for 42.x on your machine.

Yes, exactly. That is what I wrote :-)

Ā«first do "zypper patch", then change the reposĀ»

Next step is to adjust the repos to 15.0 and then call zypper dup.

Anything else is untested and my eat your kittens (or something along
those lines)

Yes.

See my other post detailing both methods and the reasonings I can think
of :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.