Re: [opensuse-factory] upgrade packaging not statically built (was: Leap 15 status update 20171110)
On 13 November 2017 at 23:28, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday, 2017-11-13 at 16:04 +0100, Richard Brown wrote:

If you expect migrations to work perfectly between a released product
and the earliest development versions of a brand new codebase, then
you are quite frankly stupid.

Richard, please, are you really calling me stupid in public?

Do you really think that I know nothing about system upgrades? I contributed
the wiki page on offline upgrades, so I should know a think or two.

If you run into problems and do not file bug reports, then you are
quite frankly useless

If you don't file bug reports and instead wax lyrical about how other
distributions from a bygone age managed things on the -factory
mailinglist, then you are both useless and wasting everybodies time.

Please, Richard, I do fill bugzillas.

But Martin accussed Felix of user error, not bug. I was answering to him,
doubting his claims.

I suggest you retract, in public. Here. :-/

Carlos,

I absolutely was not intending to suggest or reference you in any way.
I do not think you are stupid, I appreciate every bug you file, and I
unreservedly apologise.

To everyone else, I also apologise for lowering the tone of the list.
I let my frustrations at seeing the start of yet another unhelpful
thread in -factory spill into my words. I will try to improve in the
future.