Re: [opensuse-factory] upgrade packaging not statically built

On 14/11/17 14:01, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
14.11.2017 02:01, Simon Lees пишет:

On 13/11/17 23:48, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
On 13.11.2017 06:50, Simon Lees wrote:
On 13/11/17 15:04, Felix Miata wrote:
Simon Lees composed on 2017-11-13 14:04 (UTC+1030):

instead we make sure the old one is perfectly
capable of upgrading to a new version. Running "ldd

Would be interesting to know how you handle today that zypper will always
work with future versions.
A built-in DeLorean?

Well thats not quite what I said, but if new features have been added to
zypper between 42.3 and 15.0 we will make sure that packages don't need
/ use them for an upgrade but really zypper doesn't have most of the
upgrade magic, its all in the %pre %post etc of the spec files.

No it won't really because zypper up won't change repo's it will make
sure you have the latest version of zypper shipped in 42.3 which is
probably good practice anyway.

Are %pre %post etc aware of "zypper up" vs. "zypper dup"?

No, why would they be? they shouldn't need to know the difference
packages behave the same when they are updated regardless all zypper up
vs dup does is specify where zypper should look for new packages

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30