Re: [opensuse-factory] FF56 Flash Player - Working on Windows 10 not working on Tumbleweed
Il 30/10/2017 23:40, Chun Yu Charlie CHAN ha scritto:

My system: openSUSE Tumbleweed with Firefox 56, Packman repository
added, everything works fine.

I think your feedback is the more important than others I get from non
FF users, as you are a FF56 user.

Ignore the pepper thing and the freshplayer. There were several years
that Adobe had stopped updating flash player for Linux. During the
time only Chrome for Linux is able to view swf contents.
This is because Chrome is using their own way to implement Flash -
Pepper Flash API (PPAPI).

Ok then I suppose if I remove freshplayer and PPAPI (as someone
commented that I could remove, also Chrome will loose SWF contents
capabilities)

So at that time there was a way to make the newest flash player
working on Firefox, that is the freshplayer project, which turns the
PPAPI plugin into the traditional NPAPI which Firefox is using.

However, now Adobe is providing the newest NPAPI flash player for
Linux again, and you can find it in the Packman repo (just search for
flash or flashplayer etc. I didn't remember the exact package name).
That means you don't need the freshplayerplugin and flash-
player-ppapi packages, just install the original flash player from
Packman repo and it should work fine.

Are you saying that the Packman flashplayer is better than the official
updated Adobe flashplayer that I have installed on my TW system?

Regards,
Charlie

Thanks and regards,

--