Re: [opensuse-factory] FF56 Flash Player - Working on Windows 10 not working on Tumbleweed
Il 30/10/2017 15:14, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink ha scritto:
Op maandag 30 oktober 2017 17:11:31 CET schreef Marco Calistri:
Il 25/10/2017 20:47, Christian Boltz ha scritto:

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2017, 19:29:10 CEST schrieb Marco Calistri:

In my case to answer to Patrick, I see the warning message to "Update
Flash Player" whenever I click on a Facebook attached video despite I
already have the latest Flash Player plugin installed in FF56
SNIP
Nothing to do!

Tried to uninstall flash-player then uninstall the fresh-player (which
surprisingly was already installed).
Then install just fresh-player and finally re-install flash-player.

So far only Google Chrome seems to be able to play *swf* containers.

Nor Firefox, nor Opera are able to do it.

Cheers,

Marco

Don't know if you saw this, but even Adobe themselves discourage the use of
flashplayer. I haven't had it installed for years now, and do not miss it at
all.

Yes I know that flash-player is not recommended but the question is: why
it works on Firefox 56 for Windows and Chrome for Linux only?

It is more a technical issue than a security one for what I can argue.

Cheers,

Marco
< Previous Next >