Re: [opensuse-factory] Plasma hangs on first login attempt after boot, OpenSuse Tumbleweed recent version (as of 10/29/2017) 64 bit.
* Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-30-17 06:26]:
Op maandag 30 oktober 2017 00:15:56 CET schreef Foolish Ewe:
Hello Patrick:

I just tried this and there are 2 things and I did the following based on
your recommendation: 1) Boot to Linux, see plasma login screen
2) Hot key to a console, check to see if the offending file exists and
remove it as follows: 2a) Log in as root
2b) ls /usr/lib/systemd/user/sockets.target.wants/dbus.socket
2c) rm /usr/lib/systemd/user/sockets.target.wants/dbus.socket
3) Hot key back to the plasma window

So that resolved the problem in this e-mail, but it also appears to allow me
to login to my wireless network. I rebooted and the offending
/usr/lib/systemd/user/sockets.target.wants/dbus.socket was not recreated.
[...]
Just wondering: how do you update your TW ?

with: zypper ref && zypper -v dup --no-r --no-allow-v -d && zypper -v dup
--no-r --no-allow-v

there is a problem with the dbus updates, see bug #1020363