Re: [opensuse-factory] What's going on..."File '/repodata/repomd.xml' not found...."
On Fri, 2017-10-27 at 22:14 -0500, Tom Hardy wrote:
This has been happening since about the time of the outage c.a. two
weeks ago.
There was also a recent zypper update that left a 'zypp.conf.rpmnew'
because I
had multiversion kernel set. IIRC I modified the new one and
replaced the old
one but it could have been the other way around.

If this happen since the time of the outage, I *think* zypp was failing
to find a 'yast2' repo type and assume a fallback to 'rpm-md' (which it
does for the planned migration).

Apparently, though, it forgot to verify if rpm-md IS in place before
writing/saving the information to disk.

This should get you going again:

sed -i "/type=/d /etc/zypp/repos.d/*.repo

Thus resetting the pre-detected and (possibly wrongly) stored type
information.

Zypp will query on first refresh the type of the repo again and fix up
the values.

Cheers,
Dominique