Re: [opensuse-factory] Package naming conventions
On Friday 2017-10-27 12:23, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A lot of spec files use %define sover 0; but it does not change
anything practiclaly speaking. there is also rpmlint checking that the
number picked matches what the library claims it to be. Those numbers
are really not picked by random by packagers.

I guess rpmlint cannot do this on mingw cross-compiles as the DLL
probably does not have the equivalent SOVERSION.

There is an equivalent (see ... windows:mingw:win*),
but rpmlint indeed is not set up to recognize it.

So one has to trust the packager to get this correct. Which I am trying to do.

If your lib %files section does __without globbing on the major__
(something I recommend to anyone, even with ELF), you will definitely
not miss a change.

%files -n libfoo42
%_mingw64_bindir/libfoo-42.dll