Re: [opensuse-factory] Package naming conventions
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 12:23:32 +0200
On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A lot of spec files use %define sover 0; but it does not change
anything practiclaly speaking. there is also rpmlint checking that the
number picked matches what the library claims it to be. Those numbers
are really not picked by random by packagers.

I guess rpmlint cannot do this on mingw cross-compiles as the DLL
probably does not have the equivalent SOVERSION.

So one has to trust the packager to get this correct. Which I am trying to do.

--
Roger Oberholtzer