Re: [opensuse-factory] IBus icon after update to TW 20171023
On Friday 2017-10-27 09:59, ianseeks wrote:

On Friday, 27 October 2017 07:56:01 BST Axel Braun wrote:
And if it is a feature, what's it for?
Its there to takeover your keyboard settings, i removed it and taboo'd it.

Its far from obvious.
Indeed, badly named for being helpful. "ibus" = keyboard????? I thought it
was some upgrade/replacement for D-BUS initially

Well that the (bare) name of FLOSS projects (some are acronyms or
contractions, mind you, and ibus is one of those!) seldomly has anything
to do with its use is not really news to you, or is it?

"python" has nothing to do with snakes,
"squid" has nothing to do with fish,
"gnome" has nothing to do with little people,
"bash" has nothing to do with hitting stuff.
But on the last one I am not so sure ;-)