Re: [opensuse-factory] TW Can't open txt files with Kate with double click
On jeudi, 26 octobre 2017 16.20:14 h CEST victorhck wrote:
Hi listmates!

I have upgraded today to new TW snapshot, and after reboot, I have noted
that I can't open a simple .txt file with Kate (my default option) with
double click on it.
I can't also open a file with right click on it and open with... and
pick up Kate.

I get a message that says:

"KDEInit no ha podido lanzar «/usr/bin/kate»"

But I can find it in that path:

victorhck@Geeko:/usr/bin> ls kat*
kate kate-syntax-highlighter

I have to open Kate from the kickoff menu and then dig to the file I
want open.

any hint about it?

've phun!

What is indicated if you right click, and in the submenu open ?
Kate is there as first choice ?

In systemsettings Applications>File Associations search for .txt
you should see a kate choice use the edit button and report what you have

Mine (working) is
org.kde.kate, tab Application give the command kate -b %U
and the .desktop file should point to
/usr/share/applications/org.kde.kate.desktop

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch