[opensuse-factory] new packages/features and /etc/sysconfig (was: Login Manager changed from KDM to SSDM)
Hi,

[...]
Makre sure to have yast2-alternatives installed, if you don't have it
already, then you can find it in YaST under Misc/Alternatives

I'd like to raise two topics as a followup to this statement:

Is there any information source, where one can find things like that?
If new features, packages or whatever get introduced or are removed, how
can we know that? Perhaps I missed that somehow, but then I'm not the
only one, as it seems.

And:

Is there any process implemented to clean up /etc/sysconfig, i.e.
does anything delete unused entries and files and/or unused files in a
whole?

Cheers
Dominique

Thx and bye.