Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20171022 released! - Login Manager changed from KDM to SSDM
  • From: ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:47:41 +0100
On Wednesday, 25 October 2017 10:01:00 BST Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2017, 08:24:56 schrieb Roger Whittaker:
Similarly for the keyboard settings - it seems we should now be using
the ibus tool and no longer (for instance) the item in KDE's
systemsetting5 - is that correct?

Not really.

But if you installed and use ibus, you have to use its settings obviously, as
it overrides the "standard" keyboard settings.

There hasn't been a change in the KDE packages/paterns in this regard AFAIK,
i.e. no KDE package should automatically install ibus.

I didn't even know it existed until it changed my keyboard from Uk to US. Why
can't new stuff do the extra little bit and set the new config to match the old
one.

Apparently it gets pulled in by libreoffice-gnome though (which replaces
libreoffice-kde4 now that has been dropped), as the ibus package contains
this:
#Fix cursor following problem in KDE4 for libreoffice.
%if 0%{?suse_version} != 1315
Supplements: packageand(libreoffice:libreoffice-gnome)
%endif

But you should be able to uninstall ibus if you prefer, personally I tabooed
it years ago as I have no need for it.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

--