Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20171022 released! - Login Manager changed from KDM to SSDM
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 11:01 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2017, 08:24:56 schrieb Roger Whittaker:
Similarly for the keyboard settings - it seems we should now be using
the ibus tool and no longer (for instance) the item in KDE's
systemsetting5 - is that correct?

Not really.

But if you installed and use ibus, you have to use its settings obviously, as
it overrides the "standard" keyboard settings.

There hasn't been a change in the KDE packages/paterns in this regard AFAIK,
i.e. no KDE package should automatically install ibus.

Apparently it gets pulled in by libreoffice-gnome though (which replaces
libreoffice-kde4 now that has been dropped), as the ibus package contains
this:
#Fix cursor following problem in KDE4 for libreoffice.
%if 0%{?suse_version} != 1315
Supplements: packageand(libreoffice:libreoffice-gnome)
%endif

But you should be able to uninstall ibus if you prefer, personally I tabooed
it years ago as I have no need for it.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang