Re: [SPAM] Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20171022 released! - Login Manager changed from KDM to SSDM
  • From: ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 18:50:31 +0100
On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 18:27:10 BST ianseeks wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 14:15:26 BST Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.

Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&version=Tumbleweed&build=20171022

When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject.
It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread
while discussing a specific problem.

Packages changed:
cpupower
curl (7.55.0 -> 7.56.0)
dos2unix (7.3.5 -> 7.4.0)
eog
gdm
glibc
glibc
gnome-control-center
gnome-session
gnome-shell
gnome-vfs2
gtk3
installation-images-Kubic (14.336 -> 14.339)
kernel-firmware (20170906 -> 20171009)
kernel-source (4.13.6 -> 4.13.8)
libXfont2 (2.0.1 -> 2.0.2)
libXres (1.0.7 -> 1.2.0)
libgnome
libid3tag
libidl
libreoffice (5.4.1.2 -> 5.4.2.2)
libsoup (2.60.0 -> 2.60.1)
libvirt
libzypp (16.17.1 -> 16.17.3)
mutter
polkit-default-privs
postfix
python-certifi
python-numpy
rdma-core
sddm
shadow
shared-mime-info
texlive-specs-m
unbound (1.6.6 -> 1.6.7)
vala (0.38.1 -> 0.38.2)
xdm
xf86-input-mouse
xkeyboard-config

This update has changed my login manager to "ssdm" with the Maldives theme
from "kdm" which is what it has been set to for years, its also set my
keyboard to US even though all my locale settings are still English-UK. Yast
is still reporting kdm as the display manager and keyboard as UK.

Any ideas? I am going to shutdown and reboot to see if its just a freak
situation.

Seems the introduction of something called iBus overrides the settings in
systemsettings5 for the keyboard, not sure where that came from.
With SSDM, it starts with a US keyboard and i have to sit and wait until it
finally sets the keyboard to UK - can it not start with the configuration
setting as default? I'd sooner get back to KDM though

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20171022
Qt: 5.9.1