Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20171022 released! - Login Manager changed from KDM to SSDM
On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 06:27:10PM +0100, ianseeks wrote:

[...]

This update has changed my login manager to "ssdm" with the Maldives
theme from "kdm" which is what it has been set to for years, its
also set my keyboard to US even though all my locale settings are
still English-UK. Yast is still reporting kdm as the display
manager and keyboard as UK.

Any ideas? I am going to shutdown and reboot to see if its just a
freak situation.

It seems that /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager is no longer honoured and
that you will need to make a symbolic link default-displaymanager in
/etc/alternatives to /usr/lib/X11/displaymanagers/kdm.