Re: [opensuse-factory] vlock dropped? (was: vlock no longer working after recent snapshots)
  • From: Chan Ju Ping <email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 07:20:09 +0800
On Monday, 16 October 2017 17:51:46 +08 Michal Kubecek wrote:
So the sgid bit isn't needed any more as pam_unix.so is now using helper
(/sbin/unix_chkpwd) to check the password. What you need, though, is to
create PAM file /etc/pam.d/vlock for vlock. This seems to work for me:

#%PAM-1.0
auth include common-auth
account include common-account

I believe this (or some better version) should be part of kbd package.

Michal Kubeček

Thank you. I had to work on projects in public spaces so I couldn't quite wait
to see when the fix would land on my primary computer. This fixes the bug
nicely.
< Previous Next >