Re: [opensuse-factory] TW : needing libcrypto.so.10

Am 23.10.2017 um 20:11 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
On Monday 2017-10-23 15:56, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
On 10/23/2017 03:07 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
stop beating Fedora packages into an openSUSE system.
The application (I assume you mean ChartGeany: http://chartgeany.com) is
neither open source, nor does it provide packages for openSUSE. Trying
the Fedora package would have been my first attempt as well.
@Jan, If you speak up, please try to be helpful, not dismissive. The
user is not to blame here.
"Please do not attempt to install Fedora packages on openSUSE,
for the same reason you should not put regular into your diesel."

How about "Do not pour lighter fluid into your deep fryer, instead of
good vegetable oil. Or at least if you do believe that that would be a
good idea, please do not act suprised in case your kitchen blows up."

that being said: if I had to try to make some foreign package work I'd
opt for a debian package. Preferrably the one for the debian version
that is kind of half way between the oldest supported one, and the
newest. Then I'd convert that package to rpm, using alien, and then let
zypper sort out dependencies.

Cheers
MH