Re: [opensuse-factory] TW : needing libcrypto.so.10
Jan,

On 10/23/2017 03:07 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
stop beating Fedora packages into an openSUSE system.
The application (I assume you mean ChartGeany: http://chartgeany.com) is
neither open source, nor does it provide packages for openSUSE. Trying
the Fedora package would have been my first attempt as well.

@Jan, If you speak up, please try to be helpful, not dismissive. The
user is not to blame here.

@ellianos82 on openSUSE, the library is called libcrypto.so.1.0.0 and
libcrypto.so.1.1.0 respectively. You can try to place symbolic links by
hand, but there is no guarantee the libraries are binary compatible. In
fact, they probably are not. Did you try to reach out to the vendor for
openSUSE support? Chances are that it might not be too hard for them to
add if they already build for multiple distros. As for writing on the
list, a bit of context about the application, including the URL to the
homepage would have been useful. I realize that your posts are
relatively sparse, but if you want help, you cannot assume everyone will
produce their crystal balls to get to the bottom of your issue. The
better you feed this list, the more helpful the results, including
basics like the correct name of the application...

Cheers,
  Daniel