Fwd: [opensuse-factory] Bigs problems with Intel gpu driver i915 and kernel 4.12 and 4.13
Hi.

desktop is kde 5.11
and
displaymanager is kdm

On 10/20/2017 06:12 AM, Ivan Linty wrote:

Hi

My system after last upgrade to kernel 4.13-4.12 presents sudden
random crashes !
No mouse, no disk activity, no network activity. The system is completly
stuck!
The only solution is a hard reboot.
No errors are recorded in systemd journal.
The problem appears randomly after a variable time, sometimes 5/10
minutes, sometimes a hour, but as You can think, is very boring!!!

I have found in google some threaths about similar problems:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/55629

but for me the solution intel_iommu=igfx_off does not work!

A fix is to disable hardware accelleration with nomodeset,

Another fix is to revert to kernel 4.9 (4.9.54-2-pf).

With kernel 4.9 no more hangs and hardware accelleration works like a
charm!!! I test with chrome and web google earth!!!!

Can someone of opensuse report this to kernel mainteners or Intel
driver mainteners ???

Kind Regards

What desktop are you using?
What Display Manager are you using?

Did you try switching either?

--
-Gerry Makaro
aka Fraser_Bell on the forums, IRC, and mail at openSUSE.org