[opensuse-factory] Bigs problems with Intel gpu driver i915 and kernel 4.12 and 4.13
Hi

My system after last upgrade to kernel 4.13-4.12 presents sudden
random crashes !
No mouse, no disk activity, no network activity. The system is completly stuck!
The only solution is a hard reboot.
No errors are recorded in systemd journal.
The problem appears randomly after a variable time, sometimes 5/10
minutes, sometimes a hour, but as You can think, is very boring!!!

I have found in google some threaths about similar problems:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/55629

but for me the solution intel_iommu=igfx_off does not work!

A fix is to disable hardware accelleration with nomodeset,

Another fix is to revert to kernel 4.9 (4.9.54-2-pf).

With kernel 4.9 no more hangs and hardware accelleration works like a
charm!!! I test with chrome and web google earth!!!!

Can someone of opensuse report this to kernel mainteners or Intel
driver mainteners ???

Kind Regards