Re: [opensuse-factory] Why was Firefox ESR removed from Tumbleweed?
On 18/10/17 06:10 PM, Andreas Stieger wrote:
Hello,

On 10/19/2017 12:03 AM, Roman Bysh wrote:
> I was away for some time. But a recent update installed Firefox 56.
> I thought that we were going to stick with Firefox ESR on Tumbleweed.
> Why was this removed.

As usual in the business of trying to please everyone, you cannot please
everyone. We discussed that while for openSUSE Leap the Firefox ESR
versions are suitable, for openSUSE Tumbleweed the fast releases should
be used, without offering an ESR option in the main repository. In both
cases this should be well within user expectations and the nature of the
respective distribution.

Andreas

Okay. That makes sense.
If I want to change, I can always add the Mozilla repository.

--
Cheers!

Roman