Re: [opensuse-factory] Deprecation of devel:languages:python3
On mardi, 17 octobre 2017 21.05:01 h CEST Todd Rme wrote:
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Tomas Chvatal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

as per $SUBJ all the packages that were in tumbleweed are properly
migrated to python singlespec and removed from the repository.

As such within a month +- we will delete the repository and keep just
one devel:languages:python.

Please if you have something that is of interest just move it (and if
applicable migrate to singlespec) and make sure it is submitted against
Tumbleweed.

As a followup we will later try to reduce the failures and content in
devel:languages:python where plan is to keep it all in Tumbleweed and
maintained, while removing cruft that was just submitted to devel
project and never forwarded for openSUSE releases.

Cheers

Tom

Sorry for the late reply.

I think there is a lot of stuff that is in devel:languages:python but
that isn't really appropriate for openSUSE:Factory. I would strongly
suggest either keeping those package in devel:languages:python or
creating a new repository (perhaps python:extra or
devel:languages:python:extra) for such packages.

Also, there are still hundreds of packages in devel:languages:python3.
I would suggest that, rather than deleting it now, it has building and
publishing disabled and all rpms wiped from the server, but that the
OSC repository is kept to easy singlespec porting efforts.

I'm also in favor of, I've done my backport interest normally, but I certainly
forget some. Saving build power, and mirror space is good.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch