Re: [opensuse-factory] NIS/YP Login trouble after update yesterday
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2017, 15:39:23 CEST schrieb Thorsten Kukuk:
On Tue, Oct 17, Christian Boltz wrote:
BTW: Since you are the maintainer of libtirpc-netconfig - do you
know if /etc/netconfig will only be needed by nscd, or if it makes
more sense to allow it in abstractions/nameservice?

Whom do you mean with "you"? You send the mail to a mailing list, and
the mailing list is clearly not the maintainer:

I answered _your_ mail, so... ;-)

Defined in package: Base:System/libtirpc
bugowner of libtirpc-netconfig :
tsaupe

maintainer of libtirpc-netconfig :
dirkmueller, elvigia

Yeah, but the RPM changelog looks like you do most of the work in this
package. So even if you aren't official maintainer, I'd say in practise
you are ;-)

But thanks for the nitpicking - it's a nice reminder to be more exact
and to use osc maintainer before I call someone "maintainer" ;-)

But to answer your question: every package linked against libtirpc
or loading a shared library or plugin linked against libtirpc needs
to be able to read /etc/netconfig.
So, if somebody enables NIS on his system, every application could
end in the situation to need access to that file.

Sounds like it should go into abstractions/nameservice, and
rpm -e --test libtirpc3
also confirms this - libtirpc3 is needed by nfs-client, rpcbind, xinetd,
pam and some more packages.

Can someone who sees this problem please check if adding
/etc/netconfig r,
to /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/nameservice, followed by
rcapparmor reload
solves the problem?
If it isn't enough, please follow the steps in my previous mail and tell
me what else is needed. If in doubt, open a bugreport with
/var/log/audit/audit.log attached.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Because we had feature freeze in January ;)
Which is why there were no new features added to YaST since January.