Re: [opensuse-factory] NIS/YP Login trouble after update yesterday
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2017, 10:49:40 CEST schrieb Thorsten Kukuk:
On Wed, Oct 11, ub22@xxxxxxx wrote:
After the update of Tumbleweed yesterday, today the Login on my PC
(with NFS mounted /home and User sharing via NIS/YP from my
unchanged Tumbleweed Server), don't work anymore. After check of
all Server Services and a login on a not updated client, which was
working. I compared all infos and verified the LOGs.

"journalctl -a" delivers:

nscd[1454]: rpc: failed to open /etc/netconfig

Richard Brown had the right idea: it's apparmor, who does not allow
nscd to read that config file.

That sounds like you should add
/etc/netconfig r,
to the nscd profile (/etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.nscd) and run
rcapparmor reload
afterwards.

If this isn't enough, switch the profile to complain mode
aa-complain /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.nscd
That will allow everything and log what would be denied.

Then [1] use
aa-logprof
to update the profile, send me the needed additions (as patch or SR) and
finally put the profile to enforce mode again:
aa-enforce /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.nscd

BTW: Since you are the maintainer of libtirpc-netconfig - do you know if
/etc/netconfig will only be needed by nscd, or if it makes more sense to
allow it in abstractions/nameservice?

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] You can of course also use aa-logprof while the profile is in enforce
mode - but that might mean that you find out about one denial after
the other, instead of everything at once.

--
Looks like if the bios tried to boot the mouse... stupid cat :-))
[jdd in opensuse-testing]