Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Access Hotspot notification? wasTumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/41
Il 16/10/2017 02:56, Luca Beltrame ha scritto:
Il giorno Sun, 15 Oct 2017 13:44:59 +0000
Marco Calistri <mcalistri@xxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

so I really don't know what happened because I've not touched/changed
anything.

The service outage affected also conncheck.opensuse.org, so that's why
you see that. It's part of NM's connectivity checking. Should you want
to disable it, add

interval=0

to /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf under the "uri" in the
[connectivity] section. A restart of NM is required to put this into
effect.

Thanks for the suggestion, it is the same workaround which Malcolm has
posted by the Forum.

Beside the issue itself I really don't know why NM needs to check the
connectivity and furthermore why in case of failure it opens a big
notification window on the user desktop.

IMHO from one side such NM behavior looks like a sort of a "spyware" and
from the other side appears to be a bad design of its notification section.

But these are just my very personal impressions.

Regards,

--
TThheerree''ss aann EEcchhoo iinn hheerree.
< Previous Next >