Re: [opensuse-factory] vlock dropped? (was: vlock no longer working after recent snapshots)
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 11:51:46 +0200
On Monday, 16 October 2017 11:20 Chan Ju Ping wrote:
On Thursday, 12 October 2017 14:21:48 +08 Michal Kubecek wrote:
You may want to check if vlock (or the actual program - standalone
vlock replaced /usb/bin/vlock by a script and the actual binary was
moved to /usr/sbin/vlock-main; <snip>

Looks like I still have vlock in /usr/bin/vlock, and
/usr/bin/vlock-main doesn't exist.

What should I do next?

If that doesn't help, I suppose you should either open a bug for
this
issue or reuse bsc#1056449 (ther former seems more appropriate to
me).

I'm sorry I can't check now as won't be at my Tumbleweed machine
until Monday.

No worries about that! Thanks for the help so far.

So the sgid bit isn't needed any more as pam_unix.so is now using helper
(/sbin/unix_chkpwd) to check the password. What you need, though, is to
create PAM file /etc/pam.d/vlock for vlock. This seems to work for me:

#%PAM-1.0
auth include common-auth
account include common-account