Re: [opensuse-factory] Refusing to install Mesa-dri-nouveau aborts install process
Oops - sent my reply by accident to PM Gertjan - sorry Gertjan!

Op 13-10-17 om 13:31 schreef Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
Op vrijdag 13 oktober 2017 07:33:41 CEST schreef Jogchum Reitsma:
Op 12-10-17 om 22:41 schreef Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
Op donderdag 12 oktober 2017 20:41:24 CEST schreef Jogchum Reitsma:
When issuing the usual "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change", since a
few snapshots I get the following warning from the installation of
Mesa-dri-nouveau:

WARNING: Nouveau DRI/3D driver selected.

This driver is considered experimental and is known to have issues with
applications that use certain 3D acceleration features of modern
NVIDIA hardware.

<snip>
Add a zypper lock to the package

zypper al Mesa-dri-nouveau

<snip>
I tried a lock, but that gives me some 70 problems to solve, according
to zypper. And probably more, in theprocess of treating them...
Thanks for the zypper advice, didn't realize that.
And 'zypper dup[' is used? Not 'zypper up' or YaST or some update applet?

No, indeed zypper dup, sits fermly in my history list...