[opensuse-factory] Re: [Tumbleweed] gnuplot-5.2.0
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 20:11:54 +0200
Dr. Werner Fink writes:
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 07:59:02PM +0000, Achim Gratz wrote:

The 5.2.0 version of gnuplot has a very annoying regression with
logscale axes that is not completely fixed yet even on the stable
branch, so it would be a good idea to roll back TW to 5.0.7 and wait for
5.2.1 to be released (in a few days, hopefully).

Is there an upstream bug about this? Simply before I rise a new one :)

I've only pestered the maintainer(s) on the beta list about it. There's
a tentative fix on the stable branch now, but I haven't verified it yet
on production code. I think I should not hit the other behavioral
changes in that area as they are known so far.

I've also posted a patch to the bug list that fixes the info generation
elisp script (your attempt at fixing the output of said script is
partially inorrect, I think). There may be other bugs in that script,
but at least none that texinfo complains about for now.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: