Re: [opensuse-factory] Refusing to install Mesa-dri-nouveau aborts install process
Op 12-10-17 om 22:41 schreef Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
Op donderdag 12 oktober 2017 20:41:24 CEST schreef Jogchum Reitsma:
When issuing the usual "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change", since a
few snapshots I get the following warning from the installation of
Mesa-dri-nouveau:

WARNING: Nouveau DRI/3D driver selected.

This driver is considered experimental and is known to have issues with
applications that use certain 3D acceleration features of modern
NVIDIA hardware.

Symptoms include application crashes or lockups & crashes of your system's
graphical environment. Older Hardware and less demanding applications
may work
just fine and do benefit from the Hardware acceleration features this driver
offers over software emulation.

Use of this driver is especially not recommended for use with the KDE
Desktop
Environment or Qt-based Applications.

The hardware vendor potentially offers alternative drivers.

Please click "I Agree" if you accept the risks that may come with the
installation of this driver. Choose "I Disagree" to prevent installation
of the driver and use software emulation instead

Since I have the nvidia-rpm's from opensuse installed, it seems not wise
to Agree. But if I choose the (default) Disagree, the installation
process gets terminated.

What is the correct thing to do?
Add a zypper lock to the package

zypper al Mesa-dri-nouveau

Addition: the -no-allow-vendor-change is already the default on TW now, so a
mere 'zypper dup' is enough.
I tried a lock, but that gives me some 70 problems to solve, according to zypper. And probably more, in theprocess of treating them...
Thanks for the zypper advice, didn't realize that.