Re: [opensuse-factory] Nvidia drivers - unable to switch ttys (after Gnome 3.26.1 update?)
On 10/10/2017 02:18 PM, Robert Munteanu wrote:
I have recently lost the ability to switch ttys after a recent
upgrade, I think the one with Gnome 3.26.1 .

I am using the most recent TW packages, with the Nvidia proprietary
drivers from the tumbleweed repo -
nvidia-gfxG04-kmp-default-384.90_k4.13.4_1-26.2.x86_64 .

The sympton is gdm comes up fine, I can enter my login data but then
the screen blanks after logging in. Switching to another tty using
Ctrl-Alt-F1 or similar does not work. I suspect that the same problem
appears when logging in since (to my knowledge) gdm remains active on
tty2 and creates the desktop session on ttty7.

Workaround:

- boot in multi-user mode, manually issue systemctl start display-manager
- immediately restart gdm ( Ctrl-Alt-Backspace ) after reboot, second
instance seems to work fine

Has anyone seen this? If this is a bug to file, where should it go?

I have got the same issue after updating to Gnome 3.26.0. The workaround of my choice was
removing "splash=silent" from kernel parameters.

Thanks!

--
Kirill Kirillov
<><