Re: [opensuse-factory] Deprecation of devel:languages:python3
On 2017-10-12 14:23:13 +0000, Michael Aquilina wrote:
I'm just trying to be pragmatic about the situation. I feel like this
will affect people but at the same time I would not want it to hold
back moving forward if we feel it is necessary.

Those people/companies then need to step up:

1. keep maintaining the python 2 support in the distros

and just as important

2. keep maintaining the code base *upstream*

just to give you an idea ... the world moves forward ... for python2 to
move with the world it needs to support e.g. openssl 1.1 or soon 1.2.

Who will do the port?

One could argue that enterprise customers do not want latest openssl
they are happy with the version they have. but even then some customers
do want to have e.g. TLS 1.2 or soon 1.3 ... that might require a new
version of the openssl package and python 2 to work with it.

You can add any other library here that might be used by python 2.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you