Re: [opensuse-factory] Deprecation of devel:languages:python3

On Thursday 2017-10-12 16:16, Michael Aquilina wrote:

you had time for almost 10years now. time to move on finally.

However, from my perspective the situation isn't be too bad if you
guys still feel really strongly about this and continue on with this.
Worst case scenario we can always download the python 2.7 tarball and
bypass the package manager.

That is actually an argument for removing python2 *now*
(or more genrally: $software $sooner_than_later),
since you already made up your mind about using the tarball.