Re: [opensuse-factory] FF56 in Tumbleweed
Am 11.10.2017 um 20:50 schrieb Felix Miata:
Achim Gratz composed on 2017-10-11 20:34 (UTC+0200):

Achim Gratz writes:

I didn't see any mention of what I am supposed to do until I have used
my second machine to figure out how much breakage FF56 creates for me
with the plugins I am using and how to fix it.

Now, that plan has already hit an obstacle: FF56 is not available for
i586?

From yesterday's 20171009 release notes:
- update to Firefox 53.0
* Ended Firefox Linux support for processors older than Pentium 4
and AMD Opteron

Thus it seems to me there should be an i686 version of 56 available.

An i686 version is possible in theory and it was available in the some
experiemental repo before. The problem is that the toolchain Firefox uses since
FF53 is not available anymore in TW for i586 (and i686) which is rust.

W/o rust for i686 in TW there will be no FF>52 in TW.

Wolfgang