[opensuse-factory] NIS/YP Login trouble after update yesterday
  • From: ub22@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 20:36:17 +0200
After the update of Tumbleweed yesterday, today the Login on my PC (with NFS
mounted /home and User sharing via NIS/YP from my unchanged Tumbleweed Server),
don't work anymore. After check of all Server Services and a login on a not
updated client, which was working. I compared all infos and verified the LOGs.

"journalctl -a" delivers:

nscd[1454]: rpc: failed to open /etc/netconfig
login[3865]: pam_systemd(login:session): Failed to release session: Interrupted
system call

So I removed nscd via "zypper rm nscd" and afterwords installed him again via
"zypper in nscd".

A short test on two deviating devices delivers that the login now runs like
expected.

Is there any error in the update script or configs?