Re: [opensuse-factory] vlock dropped? (was: vlock no longer working after recent snapshots)
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 09:42:56AM +0200, Michal Kubecek wrote:

Even worse, today "zypper dup" on Tumbleweed wants to uninstall vlock,
saying that it's not in my repositories. And indeed, vlock is now
missing in Tumbleweed repositories and openSUSE:Factory. Which is
strange because before a package is dropped, there is usually a warning
in opensuse-factory list that it's orphaned or broken and question if
anyone is willing take over it. I don't remember seeing anything like
that for vlock.

Mystery solved... once I added a lock for vlock, zypper revealed that
kbd 2.0.4 obsoletes vlock package. And indeed, kbd-2.0.4 contains
/usr/bin/vlock and changelog says

* Fri Sep 22 2017 sbrabec@xxxxxxxx
- Version update to 2.0.6:
* translation updates
* support for U+202F
* minor fixes and code cleanup
* minor improvements and more characters support
- Enable vlock (bsc#1056449, FATE#261).

I'm a bit confused by the "to 2.0.6" part but that may be just a typo.

Michal Kubeček