Re: [opensuse-factory] fwupdate in Tumbleweed
  • From: Gary Lin <glin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 15:52:16 +0800
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 07:39:00AM +0000, Stefan Kunze wrote:
Hi,

just a question.I read that the new fwupdate Version 1.0 was releeased . I
checkedin Tumbleweed but we still have Version fwupdate 0.5.-4.9 .

Are there plans to release the new Version . I think this will make it much
easier to update Firmware in Linux . Unfortunately I don't have the
packingskillsto do it myself.

I'm working on that. Unfortunately, it's now blocked by the shim update
which needs a new signature from Microsoft, and we might wait
indefinitely since there is no guaranteed review time...

Cheers,

Gary Lin