Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: SUSE Studio Express questions
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 09:05:29 +0200
After building locally, I see the following issues with kiwi in OBS:

1. It uses kiwi 7 instead of the newer 9. Okay. Just remove using any
new features. I can probably work with that.

2. Perhaps because it is kiwi 7, I cannot build an OEM image using the
boot image description 'oemboot/suse-leap42.3' for build type 'oem'.
Well, that is in fact a show stopper. I saw in the initial
announcement here that vmx images were supported. But isn't
'oemboot/suse-leap42.3' a part of kiwi?

3. There seems to be confusion with repo names. If they are not of the
obs:// style, the build fails. If they are of the obs:// style, they
cannot be included in the built image. I am guessing that is a kiwi 7
limitation. The result is that it is not possible to have repos added
to the built image's list of repos.

I really hope to build in OBS as there are issues building with kiwi
(I use kiwi 9) locally. For example, host machine LVM or btrfs use
makes the <systemdisk> directive not function correctly.

I am quite happy to help test whatever I can to help make this work.

Perhaps this is not a SUSE Studio migration issue, as I guess that
also used kiwi 7, and would have had all these issues. But it is an
issue in the context of using kiwi in OBS. When I had tried this
previously, I did not get this far. So I am happy to see that thing
have improved!

--
Roger Oberholtzer