Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: XFCE upcoming / planned stuff
On 2017-10-10 09:05, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Thank You, Stefan, for doing that!

On 2017-10-09 17:50, Takashi Iwai wrote:
On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 17:41:36 +0200, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Opinions?

Looks interesting, although I'm a sort of skeptical whether there
will be so many users of live image nowadays... I don't mean
objecting it at all, so I'm happy to see that stuff in OBS.

Two use cases I can think of, fast:

- Test of a new distribution by new users, without installing.
- Use as a rescue system in case the installed one fails to run.

Yes! Very useful! BTW, will it be possible to make persistent stick? I use
Lubuntu for such tasks, but it has limit to 4 GB of user data (everything is
in single file on FAT32).

Stefan said it uses "hybridpersistent USB stick", so the answer is yes.
I understand it can write to the end of the stick, no size limit, but I
never used even one GB. I can't vouch for limit or not.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.