Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: XFCE upcoming / planned stuff
Hi,

Am Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2017, 00:01:17 CEST schrieb Carlos E. R.:
On 2017-10-09 20:44, Fabian Vogt wrote:
Hi,

Am Montag, 9. Oktober 2017, 20:01:36 CEST schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
Hi Greg,

Am 09.10.2017 um 18:02 schrieb Greg Freemyer:

If the XFCE image is available in OBS to branch and supplement
with my preferred selection of packages (from OBS), I for one
would likely switch to it as a base.
I'm actually aiming at recreating the old "rescue image", which
will have a very basic XFCE setup, a web browser (for
web-searching solutions) and all the filesystems, LVM, gparted,
whatever tools. I'll try to keep it as small as possible.

Recreating? It's still alive and well:
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/501317#step/xfce4_terminal/1

It lives in openSUSE:Factory:Live/livecd-openSUSE (livecd-x11) and
seems to fulfill all of the mentioned criteria.

URL, please? I don't see where I can download the rescue live iso.

I'm looking at http://download.opensuse.org/ and I don't see it.

It's at the usual location:
http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/iso/?P=*Rescue*.iso

It's also linked on the s.o.o page (currently as "unsupported",
which doesn't make much sense and will be fixed with the new layout):
https://software.opensuse.org/distributions/tumbleweed/unsupported

Cheers,
Fabian

--