Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: XFCE upcoming / planned stuff
Hi Greg,

Am 09.10.2017 um 18:02 schrieb Greg Freemyer:

If the XFCE image is available in OBS to branch and supplement with my
preferred selection of packages (from OBS), I for one would likely
switch to it as a base.
I'm actually aiming at recreating the old "rescue image", which will
have a very basic XFCE setup, a web browser (for web-searching
solutions) and all the filesystems, LVM, gparted, whatever tools.
I'll try to keep it as small as possible.

I keep my live image on DVD and thumb.

I build hybridpersistent isos, which you can put on a DVD or onto an USB
stick.

I have 2 variants: UEFI and non-UEFI

Actually the UEFI hybrid iso boots just fine on non-EFI systems. The
only problem I encountered is, that the UEFI build does not work on i586...

I don't currently maintain a 32-bit variant, but if Tumbleweed is
going to be supported, I'd have that option as well.

... I'd need to find out if I can somehow conditionalize the
firmware=uefi on the host arch, or create two distinct packages which
differ by only this switch, which would be ugly. Then I'm all for
supporting 32bit.

Maybe once I'm ready with the rescue image (which might take some time),
we can just throw in your forensic tools? So you don't actually need to
maintain your own images?

Best regards,

Stefan
--