Re: [opensuse-factory] XFCE upcoming / planned stuff
On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 17:41:36 +0200
Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now that the XFCE stuff in Factory is somewhat reasonably current,
I'd like to propose a change in the default setup. I'd like to switch
to the whiskermenu panel plugin
(https://gottcode.org/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin/) as a default start
menu.

As a happy user of XFCE on Tumbeweed, complete with Whisker-menu, I
support this idea. Sounds like a good plan.

(I have also bound my Super key to the Whisker menu, which effectively
gives GNOME3/Unity-like app searching as well.)

Also, prompted by a chat with the guys on the Xfce stand at the
LinuxDays event in Prague this weekend, I'd like to ask if it would
be possible to get a current version of DockbarX:

https://github.com/M7S/dockbarx

... and its Xfce4 plugin:

https://github.com/TiZ-EX1/xfce4-dockbarx-plugin

included in the OpenSUSE repos as well.

(Not that it works as well as I would like with a vertical deskbar, but
still...)